I really like Gobi Manchurian. I definitely order it whenever I go to dine at any vegetarian restaurant. My husband doesn't like it and would take just a bite that too if I insist. When I wanted to make Gobi Manchurian at home I browsed through a few recipes and finally chose this one to prepare and I am so so glad I did so. My husband ate half the manchurian and exclaimed how amazing it tastes. I would try the same recipe with fish and chicken soon.
Here is the recipe..
Cauliflower - 1 small sized
All Purpose Flour - 2 Tablespoons
Cornflour - 2 Tablespoons
Rice Flour - 1/2 Tablespoon (optional)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 Tablespoon
Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon or as per taste
Salt to taste
Warm water as required
Spring onion white onion part - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Capsicum - 1/2 finely chopped
Garlic - 1 1/2 Tablespoon finely minced
Ginger - 1/2 Tablespoon finely sliced
Soya Sauce - 2 Teaspoons
Chilli Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
Vinegar - 2 Teaspoons
Tomato Sauce - 3 Tablespoons
Brown Sugar - 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 1/2 Tablespoons + for deep frying
Spring Onion Green leaves - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon (optional)
Green chilli - 1 finely chopped (optional)
1. Cut cauliflower into bite sized florets. Wash well.
2. Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Add salt to it. Turn off flame and add cauliflower florets to the water and keep it aside for 12 minutes. Remove from the water and keep aside.
3. In a mixing bowl add all purpose flour, cornflour, rice flour, ginger garlic paste, pepper and salt and mix well. Add warm water as required to make a thick batter.
5. Dip the florets in the prepared batter and coat it well with the batter.
6. Drop one by one without over crowding in the hot oil.
7. Reduce the flame and deep fry till the florets are cooked.
8. Increase flame towards the end and fry till the florets turn golden brown.
10. Heat oil in a vessel and add the minced garlic and fry for a few seconds.
11. Add ginger and fry for a few seconds.
12. Add the whites of the spring onions and fry for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly.
13. Add capsicum and fry for 3-4 minutes.
14. Add brown sugar and mix well. Reduce flame.
15. Add soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, vinegar and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes
16. Add 4 Tablespoons of water and cook for 2 minutes.
17. Add the fried florets, increase the flame and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
18. Add the chopped greens of the spring onion and switch off flame.
Enjoy Gobi Manchurian
Recipe adapted from www.sailusfood.com