This very very tasty and finger smackingly delicious mutton roast recipe belongs to my mother in law. it tastes really good as a side dish to rasam rice and daal rice. It is very simple and easy to prepare with basic ingredients. You can also make chicken the same way without pressure cooking chicken.
Here is the recipe..
Mutton - 500gms
Onion - 1 medium chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves - 5 Tablespoons chopped or as much as you want
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Water as required
1. Clean and wash the mutton. Drain all the water.
2. In a pressure cooker add mutton. Pour water to fill mutton half way. Add some salt and pressure cook for 6-8 whistles or till mutton is almost cooked
3. Let the pressure release on its own.
4. In a cooking vessel heat oil.
5. Add the chopped onions and fry till they turn translucent.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and mix well. Fry for a minute.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Fry for another minute.
8. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt (remember there is already some salt in the mutton) and mix well.
9. Add the mutton pieces with the water. Let it cook.
10. Let all the water evaporate. Once water evaporates reduce the flame and roast the mutton. Add some oil if needed.